Google
 

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Smoothies

I know, I know. I have let you down, and you were counting on me.

This blog has cobwebs.

Even worse, I promised wheat and I am not going to deliver, today.

I do have a yummy smoothie. I think I should call it Miriam's Smooth Operator Smoothie. This may seem obvious to some of you, but I bummed the recipe off of my friend Miriam.

It is so easy...

See these 4 items? That's right, honey, 4 ingredients. You are half way to smoothie heaven. Now I am gonna use some very technical terms here in a minute. Just get out your copy of The Joy of Cooking and open up to the glossary in the back.

Ready?

In your blender drop one PEELED banana. Please, for heavens sake, do not mess that part up. We are not making Chunkies. We can talk about our thighs later! Now pour in about half a cup of orange juice. Put a couple of big spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt on top of that.

Am I going too fast?

Now about a cup of frozen strawberries.

Blend.

If it seems a little too thick, add a little OJ or yogurt, whichever you can reach first.




See what a pretty pink color. I love pink. I love this Oster blender because I like to think that it was made right here in my little town at the Oster Factory. I know my dog clippers were made there because I actually bought them there. Oh, do not ever use your dog clippers while drinking a smoothie. GROSS things will happen to your smoothie.

As my teenagers would say: Yeah, I went there! Dog hair IN your smoothie. GAG

Here it is, ready to be gobbled up by me as I read everyone else's blogs. And peruse the cooking sites. Now, what is for dinner?

2 comments:

tiki_lady said...

oh yummy! we are going to have to try this out! I have made many smoothies. My favorite are the ones that call for apple juice.

Michelle said...

I guess I'm gonna have to try this. Trad is a sucker for a smoothie!