Google
 

Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Bestest Cookies in the Whole Wide World

Who wants cookies? I think we are kidding ourselves if we decide to never have junk food. So rather than being upset that the kids are eating junk, turn the junk into something nutritious. But make sure that it still has plenty of calories and fat, we want it to taste good! These are my favorite cookie recipe. One thing that makes me love this recipe is the versatility.

I just want to warn you to have several gallons of cold milk ready before you start making these, you will be wanting it.

Oh, and those of you looking for some witty dialogue and funny captions aren't gonna get it tonight. There is nothing funny about these cookies. You just need to bake some. I also don't feel funny. That is what the butter and sugar look like when you cream them together. I know that the first picture is supposed to be a nice still life of ingredients but I was in a BIG hurry the day I baked these. You are going to have to be grateful for any pics at all. So just be happy. BE HAPPY! Because I just feel tired and worn down, so I am going to have to live vicariously through all of my blog readers and pretend I am jovial. .... Hmmm... not working yet, but I will keep trying.
This is 5 cups of oats in the blender. i love my blender. It is so stinking handy. OHH I am smiling at the blender. OOOHHH I am gonna get happy writing this post, I can feel it.
This is what the oats look like after you have blended them up. It is extremely satisfying to watch the oats in the blender. They rise up the side and fall down the middle. I enjoy watching oats almost as much as I like to watch the washing machine wash the clothes. I could watch that all afternoon. Have I mentioned that we do not have television? You have to make your own fun when you live in the country.

I added the nuts and coconut in with the oats and blended them up. I would be happy with them just thrown in the batter but that would KILL my picky eaters. I wouldn't want to have to fuss at any of the children to finish their cookies, so I make sure to make them palatable to everyone.

And now I am using another kitchen gadget that puts a smile on my face... the metal scoopy thing from Pampered Chef. I have all three sizes. For these cookies I used Medium. But I could really care less what size you use. You could even doing that old fashioned way and use 2 spoons but I don't remember how to do it like that.
And now through the miracle of Lap top computer blogging I present: Finished cookie. warning, pour the milk now, or just grab the jug and chug like I do. The most amazing part is that in the pic above the cookies have chocolate chips and are on a stone and the picture above that one they have no chocolate chips and are on a metal pan.

Is something fishy going on? I am afraid that I have some secrets that I just cannot reveal to you because if I did then I would have to kill you! Remember, I am the spawn of the International Man of Mystery.

Okay, now the moment you have been begging me for. The recipe for the worlds tastiest cookies.

  • 2 cups butter
  • 4 cups brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 5 cups oatmeal, blended
  • 2 cups nuts
  • 2 cups coconut
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 bag chocolate chips

Alrighty now. Here's what you gonna do. Did I mention the milk? Go ahead and pour yourself a glass right now, just because it is yummy. Now did you see the whole wheat flour? This recipe is really healthy so don't get you knickers in a twist about what to fix for dinner. Cynthia's got your back! Just serve these puppies hot from the oven. Your family will be kissing your feet.

Oh, back to the food...

Cream the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla. Blend the oats and the nut s and coconut, if you want them blended also. (you have to blend the oats) Now mix all the dry stuff together, you know the drill. add the dry to the wet and mix it up. then add the chocolate chips. I make these with out the choc. chips a lot. Harrison DIES when he gets near choc. chips, so I make some minus the chips. these are also good with toffee chips. Now bake them in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 12 minutes. don't let them get too brown. You know you want them all soft and gooey.

Pass the milk...

No comments: